Natural and non-naturals alike have fallen in love with box braids. Some braids are large, others are smaller. But no matter the size, we absolutely love them and their versatility. We have found some classy, sassy and sophisticated ways to rock your box braids.
The Corporate French Braid
Spiral French Braid
The High Bun
What we love most about box braids is their ability to be styled various ways. Not only that, once installed box braids are low maintenance and can last for about 6-8 weeks. When wearing box braids keep the following in mind:
- You still have to wrap your hair with a satin bonnet or sleep on a satin pillowcase so as to avoid drying.
- Moisturize your scalp to avoid the itchies and other scalp problems. Sulfur 8 braid spray is great a treating this issue.
- You are still able to wash your hair while wearing box braids. So if you feel that your hair needs a wash go for it!
- To moisturize your hair create your own spray mix using water and your favorite essential oils. Or if you are not much of a DIY lady purchase a moisturizing spray mix. Sprays will make it easier to penetrate your braids.
- Don’t wear them too long as this can do more harm than good. When they get loose they can tug at your roots and you want to make sure you are able to give your hair a thorough cleansing.